**NEW: Add your event to our Calendar**
- This event has passed.
San Diego Student Shakespeare Festival 2022
April 30, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pmFree – $55
Join us for the 17th Annual San Diego Shakespeare Festival!
Produced by Write Out Loud and the San Diego Shakespeare Society
Students will make Shakespeare come alive through spoken word, music and dance! FREE to attend. Registration info for students and schools is below.
The festival will be held in Heritage Park in Old Town, San Diego on Saturday April 30th, 2022. Theatre, Dance, Music, English, and other teachers and programs are encouraged to have students participate in the Festival. There are performance opportunities for everyone. The festival begins with a parade. Performances begin immediately following the Parade and Opening Ceremony. The day will conclude with a Celebration Ceremony and Opportunity Drawing.
All schools in San Diego County (public, private, parochial, independent, home-school) and other K-12 school-aged groups are invited to participate: elementary, middle and high school students, 5 -19 years of age.
Registration is $30 per school, organization, or group.
The Registration and Payment Form may be found on the ShakesFest webpage – https://writeoutloudsd.com/shakesfest/
- Optional participation in the Parade
- One free Opportunity Drawing entry for each Participating Student
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION and PAYMENT by March 15th, 2022 will include one FREE Workshop per school, organization, or group.
The final registration date is April 8th, 2022.
Festival Day Schedule:
- 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Festival Check-In and line-up for Grand Procession
- 10:30 a.m. Grand Procession line-up
- 11:00 a.m. Grand Procession!
- 11:30 a.m. Performances Begin.
- 3:30 p.m. Awards & Closing Ceremony
Attendance Policy: In keeping with San Diego County and California Department of Public Health guidelines (last updated April 2022), attendees are not required to provide proof of vaccination nor to wear masks while at our events. However, we still strongly recommend mask-wearing at indoor events and urge our attendees to be vaccinated.