Be part of the SDSS Leadership Team for 2022!
Nominations are currently open through December 19th, 2021. We will elect Officers and Directors in January.
Are you interested in shaping the future of the Society? Do you have a passion for Shakespeare and community? We hope you’ll consider nominating yourself (or someone else) to get involved and help us make 2022 even better, brighter, and Bard-ier!
A few details to note:
- Officers are currently elected for a term of ONE year and Directors to the Board are elected for a term of TWO years.
- We also have Committee Advisor positions! We have several committees ongoing (Grants, Vision/Goals, Membership, etc.), and we welcome additional support as we continue expanding—your assistance and input would be invaluable. This could be the perfect chance to get involved!
In conjunction with our Mission, the Society strives to create as diverse a Leadership team as possible—ALL are welcome to apply! Please find the form below.
The Board will conduct interviews of possible candidates and may vote to add any new Directors, Officers, or Advisors as early as the next meeting.
At present, all meetings are held virtually, though that may change based on state and county guidelines.
Directors of the Board meet every two months (six times per year) and discuss and decide on various SDSS matters, including:
- Vision and Goals
Officers must also be Directors and are expected to attend each Board meeting (every two months).
- Oversees Board meetings
- Acts as general manager of the Society
- Prepares agenda, with input from other Directors
- Assumes all duties of President in his/her absence
- Takes and prepare minutes at meetings
- Timekeeper for Board meeting and discussion lengths
- Organizes submitted reports and distribute with agenda to Directors
- Maintains statements of income, expenses, properties, and transactions using provided software
- Prepares operating budgets and other reports (using provided software) as needed for grants, etc.
- Deposits funds received and disburse funds as directed by the Board
Committees will meet as needed, determined by the members. Advisors can assist in the planning, discussion, and work of the committees. Committee Advisors are not elected to the Board and are not voting members of the Board.
While these are all volunteer and unpaid positions, you’ll be part of the Society Leadership Team, bringing Shakespeare to life in San Diego!
All Board Members, Officers, and Committee Advisors must either be current SDSS members or be willing to join.